Title: Journeyman Carpenter
Location: Kansas City Metro Area
Start Date: Ongoing
Creative Concepts & Design, LLC seeks to provide our clients with a hassle-free experience through superior service, quality, and professionalism – providing a product of the highest standards. We provide our team with satisfying and rewarding careers while adhering to the highest level of integrity. Creative Concepts & Design is quickly becoming the most respected deck, pergola, and patio contractor in the Kansas City metro area. Our high standards and core values are front and center in everything we do:
Our Journeyman Carpenters are responsible for performing repairs, troubleshooting, layout, and construction of materials on all Decks, Pergolas, Trellises, and enclosures on all assigned projects. All Carpenters are required to do heavy lifting and work in adverse weather conditions while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Successfully does layout and construction of materials
- Assists home owners in moving personal items from work area.
- Troubleshoots all projects, and performs or oversees repairs
- Adheres to strict tolerances, plans, and building codes
- Inspects all job sites for quality and tidiness daily
- Utilizes time and efficiency
- Ensures tools and equipment are in optimum condition
- Completes repairs as directed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years construction experience
- 1 or more years of experience as a full-charge Journeyman/lead carpenter preferred
- Knowledge of all equipment and procedures needed to successfully construct a deck, stair stringer, pergola, trellis, or enclosure
- Knowledge of landscaping, carpentry, painting, and locating utilities
- Proficiency in troubleshooting decks, pergolas, enclosures, covered porches, and layout
- Proficiency in carpentry repairs and troubleshooting
- Ability to provide technical assistance to other associates, work with others, and work with home owners in a professional manner.
- Valid driver’s license required